Sunday, January 31, 2010

Negative energy

I spent a lot of time first hiding from myself. Ignoring the fact that I was unhappy and trying so hard to keep up the act that I was fine. In 2009 I had given up one of the closest men that wasn't a family member to ever get close to my heart. Though I knew it was the right thing to do.I was beyond pissed that my father had died on February 26, 2008 and he was still heavy on my mind. My only piece of mind was pretending that I had my ducks in a row and that I was just fine.


So 2009, I was still bitter and pissed. Looking for something that i could throw myself into to get it together but kept coming up empty. By November of 2009, I was midway through seeing myself in every light, (some flattering, some not so much) and I needed a change. Tired of being so negative and people being so negative around me. So I made a decision. I decided that in 2010 it was going to be my year. As a matter of fact, I claimed it in the name of Jesus. I was giving up all of the things that made me comfortable in being my usual negative self, my ex-friend, my curse words, my negative outlook, everything. one because I realized that negativity is like a disease. It festers and grows until your whole mind is covered and now you have placed yourself in this little box where nothing that you dream about can get out but all of the negativeness is kept in. Let it go. Make this day, this week, this month, this year, YOURS! Claim it in the name of God. Claim it in your own name...whatever you need to do to let it go. It's such a relief and a blessing when you do. Sure there will be down days. What I'm learning to do is smile and be thankful for the things that did go my way rather than the things that didn't. Tomorrow is always a better day....if you believe it to be so...

No comments:

Post a Comment