Friday, April 22, 2011

You're Not Listening

You're not listening

Didn't you hear the hesitation in my voice when I told you I was leaving?
Mock confidence and assurance on my face was so deceiving
yet you chose to use the only one of your senses,
that could be stopped by my defenses.

You're not listening.

Slow down and stop are not the same things
just like solitaire and princess cut are not the same rings
or these feet are not the same things as wings
or this happiness just aint happy if it doesn't sing

You're not listening.

Lend me your ears so that you may hear what my heart says,
your eyes so that you may see past my bullshit,
your hands so that i can touch your hand when i'm afraid of you,
your nose to direct you to me if i lose my way
and your lips so that i may taste your confidence in us when im unsure.

you're not listening..but i need you to hear what isn't being said
and what you can't see... what you can't touch, to know what it is i need...

listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment