Saturday, March 12, 2011

SICK

Sick
Literally sick to my stomach with the things I cannot say
Those thoughts have stolen my mind, and temporarily bonded my hands
so I sit around, looking lost and confused.
knowing that my verbal words will be misconstrued,
used against me and cause me to become subdued
I choose to remain silent.

Literally sick to the point that my cup runneth over
and I am threatening to spew as if I have a virus.
Mind locked up like bowels because I can't use my vowels.
in any second I am going to burst and i need towels
pad me down with tablets so that I may put this verbal vomit to use
and defecate on those who refuse to understand
that real art is what some may call " a whole lot of shit".
and its not my fault that you don't understand.

that I am literally sick,
sick from holding my tongue and being nice
when people are throwing salt and complimenting it with rice
How twisted is it
that we worry about others business b
sweeping around others doors
but refuse to wash down our on front porches?

I am literally sick
These words stuck in my throat,
these thoughts tied around my hands
and these feelings turning my stomach.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I felt you on this! You have no problems expressing yourself! Keep writing. All of the passion and emotion is there!

    Blessings!
    Tamstarz

    ReplyDelete
  2. i say just tell whats the worse that can happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well true. I could, but sometimes everything that is thought does not need to come out of my mouth. I'm a firm believer that there is a time and a place for everything. This poem is describing those times when I should keep my mouth shut but I don't want to.

    ReplyDelete