Sunday, October 10, 2010

I apologize

I can't apologize away the pain you must feel,
since I decided to be fake and not to be real.
Love isn't a sure thing and since I felt it for him
and not you I had to go.
The most decent thing to do would have been to let you know.

I'm sorry that I continued to lead you on
sayin how much I loved you when the other man had already won.
Waiting until you slept so that I could creep out at night and vise versa,
believe it or not, I lied so I wouldn't hurt ya.

i apologize that I couldn't make myself stay,
but you've gotta know I tried.
Don't know how many nights I lay there and cried
but you gotta understand, I'm in love with someone else
and I'm feeling something in me that I have never before felt.

I know I can never make you understand the difference between you and my new man
'cause he doesn't try to make me feel special, or hold my hand,
he just does.
He doesn't pretend to try to be there or say that he will,
he just is or he was.

Now don't get it confused, those basketball games tickets with you were fun,
but the candelit conversations were better,
Just like velvet is nice but I prefer leather.

I can't apologize away the pain I must have caused,
I can't hit rewind, nor can I hit stop, pause, or play.
I can't redo tomorrow, I can only focus on today...

Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment