Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pass me Over

Like Anthony Hamilton says, "If you catch me dreamin', please don't wake me until I'm done, just keep me sleepin, until the morning comes. Just Pass me Over...make believe that I'm not there. Just leave me be..."

I hate when something is happening that I don't want to happen. It's like a car crash and somebody is pushing me to the wreckage...I don't want to see the the casualties, I don't wanna see their injuries or mine, I just want to turn around as those cars collide behind my back and keep walking like I didn't see it. Keep walking like if I didn't see it or it wasn't told to me, it doesn't exist. Just... pass me over...

There will be times when something happens and you just don't want it to happen. You see it happening, but there was nothing you could do to stop it. There was nothing you could say to prevent the "tragedy" from happening so you watched in horror while everything in you screamed and cried for it not to happen... I've been hit with this a few times. One particular instance... when my dad told me my uncle died in a truck accident. I felt like somebody was trying to keep me in a nightmare and I couldn't wake up. no matter what I did, I couldn't get away and there was no one there to help me through that one. So I just... did what I had to, walked through it like I usually did, found somebody to be pissed off at so that I would make it through the day... i say that to say this...sometimes things happen and you can't control them and they are hell to get through. You're just walking into it and your fighting it on the inside but there isn't a damn thing you can do to get around it because whether you like it or not... it's happening. Death is like that...we all know its coming so we kinda drag through life sometimes 'cause we know at some point we will die and then it is happening and there isn't a damn thing for us to do now but have peace...

This relationship I had once was like that. I saw the end happening,couldn't stop it, didn't know how to stop it, and knew that the end was inevitable even though I didn't want it to happen... I drug my feet through it, went through the motions as I fought it like the waves in the ocean... but then... i finally gave in and let the waves drown me and carry me up to shore.. and it was over. Some things have to happen for better things to happen. Endure the pain, bare through the rain, and then enjoy the rainbow and sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment