Monday, September 27, 2010

Expectations

Since I was born, I'm pretty sure everybody has had expectations for me. Perhaps I've always been watched under the microscope by those waiting to see if I will make a mistake or if I'll fail. It's crazy because up until a few years ago I thought I was running this rat race called life for me until I realized that I had spent all my years doing what everybody else expressed I should do. People said I would be an excellent English teacher, I majored in English, etc. For the longest I let people dictate who I was and once I figured out that I could fail and the whole world was not going to end, I decided to do what I wanted to do. A lot of the time the decisions that I made were decisions that were made for someone else. From now on I make my own decision. I have even higher expectations for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment