Thursday, September 2, 2010

Til Death do us part

Tears are falling from my eyes,
and you won't listen to how I'm feeling
you won't answer my calls and I can't fix it alone
it's been 4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days and about 20 minutes since you've been gone
and all of that time i've been watching my fone,
waiting on that Keyshia Cole ring tone
but the phone is silent...

the way things ended was violent,
you screamed, i screamed, broke a vase, scratched your face, turned over some kitchen chairs and a few hate yous later you were single and so was I
Now what kind of man promises to love you and then lies?
what kinda woman promises to be your soldier and cries
at the first sign of trouble I asked myself this question...
i thought that you in my life would be that blessing i'd been praying for
because you were that love i couldn't ignore...
i took this as my sign

and now i wanna fix it,
I can't wind back the hands of time
where i was your everything and you were mine
I can't erase our infedilities or our insecurities
or make believe that everything was perfect from the start
but it's til death do us part and for better or worse
and in my heart you still come first
and my well runs dry and without you near i thirst.

I'm not leaving and neither are you...
Til death do us part.

1 comment: