Thursday, July 29, 2010

I gotta put it to rest

Now I put you to rest
I fought as hard as I could
and I know you're sorry, damn sorry indeed
and I know you apologized and I thought that it was enough but it wasn't.
I thought I would be happy with the "I'm sorry if I..."
but damnit it just ain't enough.

Perhaps I'm just going through.
And the fact that I'm basically submerged in your existence doesn't make it much better. Your whole life seems to revolve around me like a straight jacket and any more of this and I'll go insane...

I play super strong but what I really wanted to tell you was..."I keep letting you back in...and how can I explain myself?"(lauryn hill). And I know that I've got it twisted because for some odd reason I just can't LET it go. The cards have been knocked out of my hands and you've seen them all. At ths point your not even strategically playing your hand because you've written me off as an unworthy opponent...

No comments:

Post a Comment